Here are more recipes for you to try!
Guilt-Free Sticky Toffee Puddings
This is a modified version of the dessert classic. Although healthier, it still tastes great. The maple syrup adds tons of flavor and sweetness that you’re sure to enjoy.
Ingredients (makes about 4 servings)
Two large eggs, separated
85 grams of self-rising flour
150 ml of maple syrup, plus extra for the molds
175 grams of pitted dates, dried
175 ml of water
15 ml of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the pitted dates into 175 ml of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Put the simmered dates into a food processor; add the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend the mixture until it is smooth.
4. Place the mixture into a bowl and mix in the eggs yolks and flour.
5. Whisk the eggs whites until stiff, then fold into the mixture.
6. Put 1 tablespoon of maple syrup into a pudding mold. Only then do you take the mixture and fill up each pudding mold and cover with aluminum foil.
7. Put each pudding mold into a bath of hot water that goes about halfway up the sides of the molds.
8. Place the molds and their water bath into the oven for 1 hour. Pudding will be done when a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.